“This significant investment in airport improvements in Louisiana will fund construction and rehabilitation projects that will help maintain high levels of safety in U.S. aviation,” said U.S. Department of Transportation Secretary Elaine L. Chao.
The grants include:
- Bastrop/Morehouse Memorial - $58,500 to remove obstructions to support navigation aids; rebuild perimeter fencing
- DeQuincy Industrial - $150,000 to rebuild perimeter fencing
- Jena – $103,500 to remove obstructions
- Marksville Municipal – $170,100 to update Airport Master Plan
- Natchitoches Regional – $100,000 to buy land for approaches
- Port of South Louisiana - $869,843 to rehabilitate runway
- Tallulah/Vicksburg - $112,500 to build taxiway, building
- Winnsboro Municipal - $378,000 to rehabilitate taxiway, apron
A total of 358 grants in 46 states and the Pacific Islands will fund infrastructure projects at 381 airports around the country. Selected projects include runway reconstruction and rehabilitation, construction of firefighting facilities, and the maintenance of taxiways, aprons, and terminals. The construction and equipment supported by this funding increases the airports’ safety, emergency response capabilities, and capacity, and could support further economic growth and development within each airport’s region.
Airport infrastructure in the United States, with 3,332 airports and 5,000 paved runways, supports our economic competitiveness and improves quality of life. According to the FAA’s most recent economic analysis, U.S. civil aviation accounts for $1.6 trillion in total economic activity and supports nearly 11 million jobs. Under Secretary Chao’s leadership, the Department is delivering AIP investments for the American people, who depend on reliable infrastructure.
Airports can receive a certain amount of AIP entitlement funding each year based on activity levels and project needs. If their capital project needs exceed their available entitlement funds, the FAA can supplement their entitlements with discretionary funding.
Click on the link below for a complete listing of grants: https://www.faa.gov/airports/aip/grantapportion_data/