Aviation.ca - Your Number One Source for Canadian Aviation News, Jobs and Information!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Ultralight Instruction

Ultralight Instruction 1 year 10 months ago #20517

• Dimitre
  • Expert Boarder
Hello,

I got my airplane Flight Instructor rating 2.5 years ago. I didn't use it at all. So it is now expired. I still have my Commercial and my Class 3 medical. Does this help me in any way when it comes to practicing as an Ultralight Instructor? Do I have to go through a test in order to do ultralight flight instruction? (I don't have any ultralight time so even if I am legally ok to jump straight in I'll definitely first go get some ultralight training myself... but I'm asking more on the paperwork side of things)

Thanks
Last Edit: 1 year 10 months ago by Dimitre. Reason: clarifying that my current instructor rating is for airplane
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Ultralight Instruction 1 year 10 months ago #20518

• Brad Reid
  • Junior Boarder
www.tc.gc.ca/eng/civilaviation/regserv/c...-421-1086.htm#421_88

You need some basic instructor training. But if you have an instructor rating: The Knowledge and Skill requirements shall be deemed to have been met if the applicant holds, or has held within the preceding two years, a Flight Instructor Rating - Aeroplane or Helicopter.

Ultralight Instruction 1 year 10 months ago #20520

• Dimitre
  • Expert Boarder
Thank you for digging out that regulation.

Login to remove

Time to create page: 0.309 seconds

Aviation.ca is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites. Copyright © 1997-2013 Skytech Dynamics Corporation, All rights reserved

Login or Register