Aviation.ca - Your Number One Source for Canadian Aviation News, Jobs and Information!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: New NAV Canada Hiring Process 2

New NAV Canada Hiring Process 2 1 year 7 months ago #20431

Dustin - Don't give up on it yet. The class size is usually around 6, and a good chunk are off the street. Of the class that just started, I believe 2 or 3 are off the street (ab initio), the two before that both had 5 ab initio. The last IFR generic course for YYZ was all ab initio. No telling what might happen for the upcoming courses, but that's how things have looked recently.

They do take a lot of people off the street, and it sounds like they're going to be loading another VFR course next spring. As with all other industries right now, people are retiring or getting close. Good Luck!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

New NAV Canada Hiring Process 2 1 year 7 months ago #20436

• Mike Lynds
  • Fresh Boarder
This is a great day. Second interview was one week ago today. I felt like it went really well. And bang, Green light today. VFR stream. I can't even tell you guys how excited I am. Thanks to all of you who have been giving me tips and encouragement along the way. Now for the real waiting game.

New NAV Canada Hiring Process 2 1 year 7 months ago #20437

• Vincent
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Congrats Mike and good luck !

New NAV Canada Hiring Process 2 1 year 3 months ago #20525

• Dustin
  • Fresh Boarder
Been awfully quiet in here... has anyone heard any rumblings about a YYZ VFR course this spring?

New NAV Canada Hiring Process 2 1 year 3 months ago #20526

Dustin - last I heard, there was a spring yyz VFR class planned for 2013. That info is a couple months old and may not be the latest.

Login to remove

New NAV Canada Hiring Process 2 1 year 2 months ago #20531

• Parth
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I believe there is a VFR course planned for April. But no one has been selected yet.

New NAV Canada Hiring Process 2 1 year 2 months ago #20532

• Neil
  • Fresh Boarder
Got Greenlighted for FSS in late December! Course starts Feb 4th in CYWG

I'm very, very excited, the ITA material is very interesting to me but i'm finding it somewhat difficult to truly absorb in the 3.5 weeks i've got to learn the material. It makes me very glad i've got a background in aviation and have been building/flying model aircraft for many years.
I hear talk of "off the street", i'm one of those. Have been putting in 6-8 hours per day, every single day, but i'm intimidated by the ITA test the first week.

Wish me luck! Any advice is greatly appreciated!
Last Edit: 1 year 2 months ago by Neil.

New NAV Canada Hiring Process 2 1 year 2 months ago #20534

• bzubes
  • Fresh Boarder
I've heard there is an IFR course planned for May in Edmonton. Anybody know if this is true or if invitations have been sent?

New NAV Canada Hiring Process 2 1 year 3 weeks ago #20538

• Dustin
  • Fresh Boarder
Pretty quiet here lately... I'm assuming there is no spring YYZ VFR course?

New NAV Canada Hiring Process 2 10 months 1 week ago #20580

Hello,

I've just made it through this thread (took a few days, even with skipping a page here and there), and boy was it informative.

I am graduating with an MSc this summer, and through the course of looking for work, came across the Nav Canada website. I was always interested in aviation when I was younger, but in university I drifted towards biology. Ironically, my graduate work involved flying across remote regions of Arctic Canada via chartered float planes, which really rekindled my love of aviation. Unfortunately the process of becoming a commercial pilot is probably not in the cards right now (due to the money and time required mostly), but working as an ATC would still allow me work in aviation and give me the means to pursue a pilots license. I understand the application process is a long one, but the only work in my field right now are contracts, so my life will be hectic and unpredictable for the next few years anyways.

I recently started the application process through Nav Canada in YYZ. I passed the online portions and got green light basically the next day. However, the fact that its been so quiet here for the past few months is making me nervous. According to the website It doesn't look like there are any assessments happening at all right now (takecharge.navcanada.ca/en/content/onthemove/assessments).

Does anyone have any information on this? Is Nav Canada on a hiring freeze?

Thanks,
Patrick

Login to remove

New NAV Canada Hiring Process 2 9 months 4 weeks ago #20582

• Parth
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
There are typically two assessments every year (one in the spring, one in the summer/fall). If you missed the spring one it's not uncommon to go months without hearing anything. Unfortunately, that is the nature of the process. Just keep checking back on that assessment page every few weeks and see if anything pops up. If something does and you don't get a call/email just send an email out to whatever contact is in your profile and see if they have room. Good luck.
Last Edit: 9 months 4 weeks ago by Parth.

New NAV Canada Hiring Process 2 5 months 6 days ago #20604

phone interview in the morning YYZ. hopefully, the rumors of May 2014 training are correct, and this forum will be all abuzz.

New NAV Canada Hiring Process 2 5 months 6 days ago #20605

Yikes. The interview didn't go well. I am going to have to try again next year.

New NAV Canada Hiring Process 2 5 months 4 days ago #20606

• Cody R
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi all! I'm on a hiatus from training to be a commercial pilot, but I have been looking into an alternative career at Nav Canada recently. I applied and passed the online tests November 16. There is an assessment date in my FIR, Winnipeg scheduled for January 28! Exciting! I haven't been contacted regarding the session, however it has been only two business days since my application. I'm thinking I will wait patiently for now, but at some point I may check in with Nav Canada to see if invitations have been sent out yet.

New NAV Canada Hiring Process 2 4 months 3 weeks ago #20607

• Cody R
  • Fresh Boarder
I received my invitation to the late January assessment in Winnipeg today. :)

New NAV Canada Hiring Process 2 4 months 3 weeks ago #20608

• Cody R
  • Fresh Boarder
An update: I received an e-mail invitation to the upcoming assessment on Nov. 27.

New NAV Canada Hiring Process 2 3 months 2 weeks ago #20612

• Cody R
  • Fresh Boarder
I attempted to post this before but it didn't work: I received an e-mail November 27 inviting me to the January Winnipeg assessment!

Login to remove

Time to create page: 0.376 seconds

Aviation.ca is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites. Copyright © 1997-2013 Skytech Dynamics Corporation, All rights reserved

Login or Register