- Swissport awarded ”International Cargo Handler of the Year – Africa” for the second time in a row
- Nigeria Validates Bell 429 Certification
- fastjet responds to claims made by CEO of Fly540 Kenya
- Embraer Defense and Security Delivers the First Three A-29 Super Tucano to the National Air Force of Angola
- Ethiopian Temporarily Pulls the 787 out of Service for Precautionary Inspection per US FAA Directive
This morning a ceremony was held for the maiden flight of the first NH90 to be assembled by Eurocopter España at its facility in Albacete.
Commander D. Miguel Ángel Roqué de Santiago became the first Spanish Air Force pilot to fly 1,000 hours in the Eurofighter aircraft during an air defence training sortie over the Alboran Sea.
His Majesty Juan Carlos I, King of Spain, took off this morning from the Cuatro Vientos Air Base in Madrid for a flight in the Spanish variant of the cutting-edge NH90 helicopter, which is being fitted out and tested at the company's facility in Albacete. The first deliveries of this aircraft to the Spanish Army Airmobile Force (FAMET) are scheduled for next year.