- Swissport awarded ”International Cargo Handler of the Year – Africa” for the second time in a row
- Nigeria Validates Bell 429 Certification
- fastjet responds to claims made by CEO of Fly540 Kenya
- Embraer Defense and Security Delivers the First Three A-29 Super Tucano to the National Air Force of Angola
- Ethiopian Temporarily Pulls the 787 out of Service for Precautionary Inspection per US FAA Directive
Boeing [NYSE: BA] and China Airlines today announced an order for six 777-300ERs (Extended Range) airplanes. The order, which is valued at approximately $2 billion at list prices, includes purchase rights for four additional 777-300ERs. The new airplanes will become the first 777s to join China Airlines' fleet.
China Airlines has selected Messier-Bugatti-Dowty (Safran group) for the exchange and overhaul of landing gear on fourteen A330 and one A340 aircraft. This agreement will start in 2013 till 2017.
China Airlines has signed a five-year OnPoint Fuel & Carbon Solutions agreement with GE Aviation. Under this agreement, GE's Fuel & Carbon Solutions team will use proprietary decision software and fuel consulting expertise to help China Airlines identify and track operational improvements that could reduce the airline's fuel spend by an average of two to three percent.