- Swissport awarded ”International Cargo Handler of the Year – Africa” for the second time in a row
- Nigeria Validates Bell 429 Certification
- fastjet responds to claims made by CEO of Fly540 Kenya
- Embraer Defense and Security Delivers the First Three A-29 Super Tucano to the National Air Force of Angola
- Ethiopian Temporarily Pulls the 787 out of Service for Precautionary Inspection per US FAA Directive
Dubai International has begun 2013 in top gear, setting yet another monthly record by welcoming, for the first time, more than 5.5 million passengers in a single month.
A major refurbishment of Dubai International’s Terminal 1 is due to begin in the first quarter of this year which when complete will offer passengers a vastly improved travelling experience.
Passenger traffic at Dubai International is all set to surpass the projected target of 56.5 million for the year, as the world’s fourth busiest hub for international passengers racked up another month of double digit growth this November, according to the monthly traffic report issued by Dubai Airports. The airport operator revealed that traffic is forecast to reach 66 million in 2013.
The second operational trial of Dubai International’s new facility, Concourse A, has received overwhelming support from the public with more than 3,800 signing up to volunteer for the exercise. Nearly 1,500 volunteers, including staff, participated in the trial on Saturday, playing different scenarios as passengers to test the readiness of each aspect of the A380 facility ahead of its opening in 2013.